Saturday, September 30, 2006

Yesterday, I saw the craziest advertisement for a coffee maker. I was on the train home and this guy sitting beside me was reading the newspaper. On half of one of the page was a picture of a woman sitting on a man's lap, the man had his face in the woman's neck, their hands were on each other, and the woman had a look of desire written all over her face. And there, on the bottom of the picture was the caption, "Satisfy your craving for immediate satisfaction." I think it's like that, or close. Then I was thinking, THAT is an advertisement for a COFFEE MAKER? Where's the link between a machine that makes coffee and sex? I think it's a super ultra bad advertisement. I doubt it's going to get anyone interested in their coffee maker.

It boggles the mind you know. How come all the advertisements like to glorify all the sexuality stuff? There's the ad for Imedeen with Zoe Tay spread out on the bed in lingerie with the corny "I swallow." that starts people thinking about dirty stuff. There's the ad for iGallop, actually the iGallop itself with the supposedly arousing motions that Sir says was for rich men to buy for their wives so that they can watch and get turned on. Hahaha. But I did hear that it really works for the butt and thighs though. There's more and there's that coffee maker ad. No wonder teenagers keep having sex. Cos sex keeps getting advertised.

Anyway, that was out of point and probably baseless, but you gotta admit that there's alot of emphasis on sexuality in ads.

Ahh wells. I keep feeling a little irritated.. at I don't know what.

Anyway, this is taken off Jo's blog. And it's so so sweet.

1 comment:

Packrat said...

Unfortunately, the fact that sex sells means that everyone's going to use sex to sell things.

It's because sex easily gets people's attention.