Sunday, April 30, 2006

I got dragged to Singapore River yesterday by Shunhong so that he could watch the Chelsea-Man U soccer match, claiming that it's like a rugby match between AC and RJ. Haha.

Before the match we had Sizzling Rock by the river, and it really lives up to its name. The oil was really sizzling on the rock, on top of that, it was spurting everywhere! And the chicken was raw on one side. I was like, so how am I supposed to eat this? Apparently I was supposed to flip it myself if I want it cooked. What the hell. I mean, who in the world eats raw chicken? Especially with the bird flu now. Anyway, when I finally managed to eat it, it was good. It was a pricey meal though. But Shunhong paid! Haha, he actually paid. Oh which reminds me. He actually managed to ask for a table without speaking. And he called for bill without speaking too. AND he merely nodded at the people who served us. The reason he gave for that was because everyone does this. What's wrong with just opening your mouth to say, Table for two please, Bill please, and Thank you, right? So I told him to stop acting high class when he isn't, in case he's doing it the wrong way. Sheesh.

Yes. So after dinner we stopped over at this drinking place with a TV to watch the match. The waitress was like Table for two? Then she took a good look at both of us and she asked, Above 18 or below 18? Haha. So funny! Looks like I'm not the only one who looks underaged. Anyway, since I'm not really 18 yet, I decided to keep quiet and let Shunhong talk. Aiya, the woman actually believed him. He ordered beer. BEER. That's so uncle! Yucks. Then he said that it's high class beer and tastes different. Stella Artois. See, he's trying to act high class again. And Man U lost. 3-0. They should have more matches like this. It was exciting.

No comments: