Saturday, April 08, 2006

Shunhong's been off to Tekong for 2 days already (or should I say only?). I didn't send him off and I'm majorly regretting it now. Shame on me for caring so much about what his mum will think. He told me that his mum will question me about why wasn't I in school when it was a Friday, and that will give her a very bad impression of me. Since my reputation with her is already bad enough, I should have just went with my heart. I wouldn't have minded skipping school just to see how is it going to be like for him in the next I don't even know how many weeks.

In fact, when I woke up and read a message he sent me at 5 AM I started having a panic attack. I started imagining all sorts of horrible stuff they do to those boys, MY boy, including making them wake up at 5 AM, over at that island. I'm sorry, I know 5 AM isn't all that early, but I don't think he wakes up at 5 AM very often, except maybe to watch soccer or something, and this is military training we're talking about. It upsets me to think about it. Alright, at least they sleep at 10 pm. I know, I'm being such a fuss. It's not like he's hasn't had less sleep than that before, but still, it's military training we're talking about! ):

Anyway, in my panic I remembered an entry in Eileen's blog about her boyfriend enlisting last year, and I felt abit more assured after reading it. 'Army life seems to be pretty much alike St John training camps, just without the change parades and with more sleep most nights. It isn't a wholly new lifestyle unalike something I expected, and I welcome mental preparation. Its 10 males to a bunk, with [apparently] $200 mattresses for good sleep.' That was last year, but I don't think they will degrade the mattresses and decide to torture suddenly huh. So I guess I should stop being retarded and making Shunhong sound like a girl. He's definitely man enough for it. At least he's safe there.

Shunhong's in Mohwok. Or is it Mohwak? Mahwak? Mohawk? I can't even remember his platoon's name!! I really should have just went on Friday to send him off. Mohawk sounds strangely familiar though. I think I've heard it before. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is... his platoon name. It's something along that line. Haha.

Sir asked me how I was feeling in school on Friday about Shunhong enlisting. I told him I was fine and he said it hasn't hit me yet. And he was too right. I guess in school there were so many things happening I didn't think much about it. But once I was home I kept checking my phone for messages I know he won't be able to send. At night I layed in bed and could only think about how much I miss him. It wasn't about not being able to see him often, but I can't even talk to him often. I seriously haven't talked to him so little in one day for a very very long time. Alienated is the perfect word to describe how I feel. I should start finding stuff to distract myself. More study, perhaps?

No comments: