Monday, May 08, 2006

I think I'm so useless you know.

My mum asked me to email the CPF to ask something about her application for the Workfare Bonus Scheme. So I did. Then they replied, and I was like huh, what is the person talking about? But that shouldn't be my fault right? I mean, I don't know anything about the Progress Package/Workfare Bonus Scheme since it doesn't concern me. Well anyway, so I had to get my brother and he clarified some stuff with the person. Today, the person replied again and said stuff like ok we'll look into it and blah blah blah, and I wanted to reply to thank the person but I didn't know how to go about doing it. Do I say, Your kind help is greatly appreciated. Thank you? But that doesn't sound right. So once again, I had to get my brother to do it. ):

So useless right. I never liked writing formal letters in secondary school. The sentence structure just never seem to sound appropriately formal. I think I better learn soon. I'm almost 18!

Just now, I was thinking about chapel today. Then, I thought about Lifeng cos she led chapel today. I think she's so smart it's unbelievable. I'm damn awed by her every time I think about it. How is anybody capable of having so many commitments, yet graduate with distinctions in every thing including S papers? There's only 24 hours in a day. Ok, but this is not the point.

The point is when I thought about Lifeng, I thought about Shunhong telling me about what Lifeng said during Honours Night last year. And then I thought about Shunhong telling me that looking back, he's glad that his 2 years in junior college was so fufilling and enriching and colourful. I remember telling him to shut up, because I was so upset that my junior college years is exactly the opposite of his and it's ending soon.

You should see Shunhong's CCA record. It's 3 pages long and it's impressive. He did qualify for Honours Night right. There's @artikulation, Kronos!, EnCOre, SYF CO, college sports meet, college cross country, Track and Field nationals. His CCA includes Track and Field, Chinese Orchestra and Performing Arts Group. I suppose there's more stuff, but I can't remember. And despite all these time consuming activities, his results weren't bad. Good enough for him to secure a place in NUS Science, in UK King's College, and there was a place for him in Royal College of Music too, though he gave that up. It's insane! I'm JEALOUS.

My jc life, on the other hand, it's devoid of colours. It includes WATCHING @rtikulation, EnCOre, BEING PRESENT for sports meet and college cross country, CHEERING (only abit) for Track and Field Nationals. I had to be threatened with demerit points to join a CCA in my second year. It's Track and Field by the way. And now, I'm not turning up for training at all because my lousy attitude tells me that it's really pointless. My results are abysmal despite all the free time I have on my hands. It amazes me to think of how two people together can be world apart. Suddenly, I think I'm not good enough for him.

Anyway, I just remembered how retarded I am. I was watching Top Fun just now (watching that alone is quite retarded), and then there was a performance by the young boy who can drum really well? Yea, he was drumming to the Christian song One Way. At first I thought he was drumming to a rock song can! Halfway through then I realized it's One Way. Oh man, I hope I'm not insulting the faith.

No comments: