Sunday, May 28, 2006

I just remembered something I wanted to blog about a long time ago but didn't, and since I'm so bored now I must as well do it.

That day I was on the bus home with Weeshian. Then he said hi to this guy. So I thought, oh must be someone he knows, cos the guy said hi back. I mean, anyone will think so right?Then Weeshian went on to ask the guy where he was going and the guy replied saying that he was going to meet a friend. After this the guy alighted. Then after a while Weeshian turned to me and you know what he actually said? He said that he mistook that guy for his cousin!!!

Haha. So strange right. If you think about it it's already so weird not to regconise your own cousin. It's even weirder if that guy didn't know who Weeshian was yet he was so friendly! If it was me I will be so puzzled if some stranger came up to me and said hi. I think I will ask the person if I knew who he/she was, and not make small talk. Maybe the guy thought he knew Weeshian too.

I wonder if it's meant to be. That we know some people and don't know other. I'm a strong believer of fate, cos I can't find better reasons to account for the people who come into our lives. Whether they stay or go, I think they in our lives to teach us things and help us grow. Just like how we are in other people's lives for a reason too.

Anyway, my brother was saying that he thought it was stupid to talk to babies using baby talk. He said that it would only make the babies less intelligent because you're indulging your baby in unintelligent and silly language. Like when when you want your baby to eat, you just say Eat, you don't go Mum mum, like what people usually do. Haha. Quite true, huh. Why on earth do people baby talk to babies anyway? I was wondering. We don't actually remember anything from before we learn how to speak right? You think babies actually think/understand anything during that period of time? Maybe the moment they learn how to speak they forget everything before that cos then they understand what's going on around them and they cannot comprehend not understanding. But then again learning and understanding is a gradual process and not something that happens in a split second huh. I wonder how it really happens. How come we cannot remember anything!! The human brain is so intriguing.

Oh I read Dan Brown's Digital Fortress. That's the last of his books I read. All his books are like the same! The mastermind is ALWAYS someone you wouldn't expect. Or rather someone that pretends to be concerned about what's going on but end up he's the mastermind. Then everyone will feel cheated/shocked. And he always manage to slip in some love story in the plot. Haha. You know maybe he's trying to say through his books that humans are unfathomable and while there is love in this world, there are lies and deception too.

No comments: