Saturday, May 20, 2006

Passion AC.

You know, I think Christianity has fascinating stories. Can you call them stories? Oh well, okay, prophecies. Yea we talked about them alot today, and also about stuff that boggles the mind. Like how religion and the whole idea of a God came about since the beginning of the world. There are lots of religions right? So where did all these beliefs originate from? Honestly, I don't think there can ever be an answer to this.

Then we went on to talk about whether we can ever time travel, like go back in time so that we can answer all our questions about religion. Daryl was saying that he thinks it's possible to travel in time, as long as you can make yourself travel faster than the speed of light. Something just like how the light from stars that are already dead can still be seen on Earth. I didn't really get that, but I thought that if it's really something like that then you can only travel to the future and not back to the past right? Then again, what's the link between light and time and what about being able to travel faster than light that makes you able to transcend time? It seriously boggles the mind you know. Anyway I don't think we can time travel. Haha.

Then we talked about time as different dimensions. Like every minute, every second, maybe even every split second being a different dimension. And we also talked about just different dimensions in general. Sops was saying that those little black holes (which I didn't know about) in space that are just vacuum has so much energy (does vacuum have energy?) that if you get sucked into them you'll just atomise. I don't know if that is exactly what she said but that is what I remember. And then she said that maybe beyond the black hole its just another dimension. So I asked her what's in that dimension, and she said that nobody will know because anyone who goes in there will atomise and never come back out. Then Momo laughed and said that that's just like asking what is heaven and what is it like. Haha. I wonder if Sops was just talking nonsense. Oh and we talked about space suits too. Like astronauts have to wear space suits so that they can step on the moon and stuff like that without exploding cos of the pressure difference between your body and the vacuum in space right? Then I was wondering how does a space suit prevent you from exploding in space. Regulate the pressure? How? I can't imagine exploding from inside out. That's so horrible and painful but I think it must be an instant death. Then now I'm thinking if there is anything beyond space, as in the universe, and beyond that and beyond some more, or does it stretch to infinity and never ends. Maybe that's why you can derive the gravitational potential energy formula from the assumption that energy at infinity is zero and any object at a distance before infinity has a GPE and it's negative and use the formula for planets in space. But, what is infinity in the first place?

You know what, am I posing intelligent science questions or am I just being plain stupid by asking funny questions that sounds like science fiction? Haha, maybe it is and I'm just thinking too much. Well, back to the main point of religion. Just now during Passion AC they had a prayer about letting the nation be God's nation. I think nation as in Singapore. I was thinking how is that even remotely possible when Singapore is a secular state and is multicultural? Sounds so GP but yea how is Singapore going to belief and worship Christ as a nation when we have different races=cultural difference=different religion=different beliefs and different Gods. Aiya I don't know if I heard it right cos they were singing and praying at the same time but I thought that's what I heard.

Okay, this whole entire entry is random and pointless because it doesn't make any sense and I do think I sound very ignorant and brainless. I'm like talking about a religion which I don't even understand and science which doesn't even sound logical. I hope I don't offend anyone who reads this and no one thinks I'm being stupid.

No comments: