Wednesday, May 10, 2006

We talked abit about politics in GP class today.

Then after class I was thinking, why is politics so complicated and mean? If you have an office job, there are all the hush-hush issues and the stabs-in-the-back, and you go, Oh, those are office politics. Actually, I'm not sure if what I just said is true la. Haha. But whenever we try to get hints for exams from our maths teacher, he/she (this is for secrecy) will say "I don't know. I haven't seen the paper. I will see the paper when you people see it." And when we ask why, he/she will go "Aiya, politics, politics."

Being one of the politically apathetic youths, I didn't really understand what that statement meant. And even after the numerous GP lessons about it, I still don't know what politics is all about. And this is the definition from Wikipedia.

Politics is a process by which decisions are made within groups. Although the term is generally applied to behavior within governments, politics is observed in all human (and many non-human) group interactions, including corporate, academic, and religious institutions.

Well, anyhow, I think politics is bad. It probably has the ability to turn the kindest, most sincere soul into some kind of mean, evil and ugly warlock. But then again, will there be countries at all without politics? How about law and order? Will the world be in chaos?

You know what, I think I should just stop talking about something I have absolutely no clue about cos I'm obviously making a fool of myself here. ):

No comments: